This has gone from my spot to share all my questions, fears and experiences to a necessary outlet for the good, bad and the ugly that goes along with having two boys. I wouldn't change it for the world!






Sunday, October 3, 2010

Braxton Hicks? Labor? Too Much Apple Hill Goodness?

Yesterday we went up to Apple Hill to spend the day with my family. Walking, eating, chatting, shopping, relaxing, eating....it was a great time. The weather was perfect and we had a nice day with the fam before the baby gets here. After my mom mentioned the Apple Crumb dessert with Tahoe Creamery ice cream and homemade apple syrup at Kids Inc. ranch in Apple Hill, I couldn't get it out of my head. Mmmm....my eyes were bigger than my stomach (well....that surely can't be literally!).

On the way home I had a brief contraction in the afternoon and they started to pick up in the evening after my shower. I started counting contractions which were coming almost every 10 minutes, feeling similar to menstrual cramps and my uterus would harden making my stomach feel solid.  They were lasting 30-45 seconds and then I started having back pain. I thought for certain that might be our cue, but I was trying not to rush to the table since I hear that most women with their first pregnancy get sent home one or a few times due to Braxton Hicks.

My contractions have lightened up and now we're back to the waiting game. Parents on standby and us on red alert, any day now we hope to welcome Baby Johnny. We have a Dr. appointment tomorrow morning so we'll see...

No comments: