This has gone from my spot to share all my questions, fears and experiences to a necessary outlet for the good, bad and the ugly that goes along with having two boys. I wouldn't change it for the world!






Thursday, May 3, 2012

36 Weeks, 3 Days and Counting

At 35 weeks I was dilated to 1 cm and 50% effaced. The doctor said that is common with second time moms and could stay that way for some time. She also said that these final weeks are critical for brain and lung development. The Dr said that she wouldn't put me on bed rest or stop progression since a baby can be born healthy at 35 weeks, but suggested that I stop doing photo shoots and try to take it easy. With the utterance of "brain and lung development" I knew that I would hear those words from the Hubs repeatedly until my next check up. Guess what? I was right. Now Johnny is doing his work, my work at home and forcing me to relax. He's been great!

We'll see what they say at my 36 week appt tomorrow. Baby Johnny didn't really get the memo about 'taking it easy', but he's been a real trooper and has had some outings with Aunt Lisa, GG and Dad.  When I have contractions I get antsy, like let's do this or stop faking it. I'll try to hold him in a little longer. I don't really want him smaller than Baby Johnny was, who was born 15 days early.

Well, back to my movie. It won't watch itself.

No comments: