This has gone from my spot to share all my questions, fears and experiences to a necessary outlet for the good, bad and the ugly that goes along with having two boys. I wouldn't change it for the world!






Sunday, March 14, 2010

I Love to Exercise...And Eat!

So...with pregnancy comes the need to eat frequently. Flour tortillas have become a staple item in my diet. They are great with soup, tacos (duh), breakfast burritos, alone, with some butter, etc.  Luckily, I like to work out. I walk our pup almost everyday and try to go to the gym or get a good 30+ minute walk in a minimum of 5 times/week. Cardio is my friend and at this point I'm starting to think that it may be my only saving grace to not gaining 100 lbs. with this pregnancy. 75...maybe. That's normal, right?! Ha. Most of the books say not to get your heart rate above 140, which is pretty easy to do.

I came to the realization that your body is not only changing for the baby, but preparing you for what the next few years of your baby's life will be: sleep-a-plenty, eating frequently, and restroom stops. Forget G.T.L. (gym, tan, laundry--sorry, Jersey Shore reference), my new lifestyle is S.E.P. (sleep, eat, pee).

As I move into my 9th week, I am super anxious for the second trimester where the energy kicks in! Yeah! Can't wait. Ok...gotta go take a napies now. Hasta.

No comments: