This has gone from my spot to share all my questions, fears and experiences to a necessary outlet for the good, bad and the ugly that goes along with having two boys. I wouldn't change it for the world!






Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My Questions During Pregnancy

So as our journey continues, my mind floods with questions. They are spaced out a little farther now then in the beginning but I have many questions none the less. Please don't hesitate to answer my questions based on your own experience or professional knowledge. Here are some of my questions or responses to my findings so far.


1. I've heard that I shouldn't have artificial sweetner. Does this mean that I shouldn't have things made with artificial sweetner either?


2. I can't have lunch meat unless it's heated? Maybe I should avoid processed meats all together.


3. Can I continue to work out as hard as I did before? Should my HR really not get above 140? Not sure that it ever did, but...


4. Can I continue to lift heavy things, if necessary, as I did before? Not sure when I lift heavy stuff, but thought I should check. You never know when I may need to lift a car off a trapped person or something.

5. Can I sleep on my stomach? Silly, I know. Hello, first time!


6. Can I continue to take supplements? I have NanoGreens protein shakes at least once a week. Should I stop?

7. What is the difference between prenatal vitamins? I can't tell except for price.

8. How much calcium am I supposed to have? 1000 mg/day? What if I don't drink milk? Do I need to take calcium pills?

9. The books say no hot tubs or super hot baths. Does it matter how hot my shower is? I like it pretty hot.

10. I'm slowly switching to decaf coffee, but I've read research that decaf is processed with more chemicals than regular coffee. Could this be worse for the baby?

11. I haven't felt any cramping or pulling for a few days. How do I know the baby is still growing?

12. If I wear a bra 24 hours a day will it help my breasts to feel less like an over used punching bag?

13. OMG! Spotting is scary. How do I know when to be worried?


14. Our bathroom needs to be painted. Can I still do that? Or do I need to use the pregnancy as a excuse reason to wait?


15. Can I still bleach my teeth? Or could the peroxide get to baby and come out glowing?


16. WHEN WILL I START SHOWING???!!

No comments: