This has gone from my spot to share all my questions, fears and experiences to a necessary outlet for the good, bad and the ugly that goes along with having two boys. I wouldn't change it for the world!






Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Summer in Tahoe - Part Deux

Every year we take a week vacation to West Shore Tahoe with Johnny's family and this would be Baby Johnny's first time participating in our annual trip, sans umbilical cord and amniotic fluid. We had such a great time with the family, rafting, drinking wine, eating, laughing, playing games, drinking wine, chatting, hiking, laying out, drinking wine, swimming.....

We cracked up over Apples to Apples. If you've never played this game, get some wine and your friends or family over ASAP!!

Each couple took turns making dinner for each night over the weekend which worked out perfect! The night that we made dinner I chose to make salad and 4 different pizzas: BBQ Chicken, Arugula & Prosciutto, Margherita, Turkey Pepperoni.  I don't know if they would've been as delicious as they were without Lisa's homemade dough and the help of my lovely assistants (Lisa and Shayna) helping to put them all together. Dang....I was too busy to take a pic.  The other meals were filet and chicken. Talk about spoiled! That's what vacation is for. I came back with a "Vacation 5".

Something that I did capture on film though was Baby J's obsession with climbing stairs lately. Check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OqXPjf_vgs

Lexie and Joey came up the last few days of our trip and Joey is learning to share with a "baby" and Baby Johnny is learning to toughen up from Joey. Wait til they're bigger and both walking. They'll be partners in crime. Watch out!! We took them to the park and Johnny went in his first park swing (once he got going, he liked it, I swear!).





 
This trip is always so relaxing and it is such a fantastic tradition that I'm so grateful our son gets to grow up with!! Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Shebl for the cherished tradition.

No comments: