This has gone from my spot to share all my questions, fears and experiences to a necessary outlet for the good, bad and the ugly that goes along with having two boys. I wouldn't change it for the world!






Saturday, May 29, 2010

Johnny's First Steps

So on Friday, May 14th we drove down to Malibu for a Saturday wedding. That night when we were relaxing in our room, getting ready for bed, I felt something different near my baby region. It was a faint flutter and while I told John immediatedly, I said it could've been the 2 BURGERS I ate that day shifting. (I know 2 burgers...at least they weren't consecutively!! Just two that day.) Monday night at home while reading, I felt it again. Baby Johnny kicked twice!! I ran out to tell John, although it was still too early for him to feel.

Now we're into our 19th week and he is an ACTIVE BOY!!! He seems to be most active in the morning when I'm at work and in the evening around dinner or bed time, which my friends say is pretty normal. It's such an AMAZING feeling! I can't wait for John to be able to feel it. The ultrasound tech asked last week if I've been having some pain or cramping lately and I said, "yes". "Well, that's because he's kicking your cervix," she laughed.

Oh little Johnny, how I love thee. But my one request as your host. diner and mother is "Please stop using my cervix as a trampoline."

No comments: