This has gone from my spot to share all my questions, fears and experiences to a necessary outlet for the good, bad and the ugly that goes along with having two boys. I wouldn't change it for the world!






Saturday, August 21, 2010

Our Kid-Less Vacation!

Our weekend visit to Tahoe prepped us for our week long vacation on the West Shore with Johnny's family. His parents rent a place in the summer to spend a relaxing, fun filled week with their kids and daughter in-laws. We were the only "kids" that were able to take an entire week off work and couldn't pass up the opportunity for our last kid-less vacation.
There was hiking, biking, relaxing, eating, shopping, kyaking, sun bathing, eating, S'more making, eating, swimming and laughing. (Although, let's be honest...I didn't participate in any of the "non-approved during pregnancy" activities. Eating and sun bathing were totally on my list of tasks!). Here's a pic that Johnny took during a hike with his dad to Eagle Lake. So beautiful!!

 It was a great time and it was nice for Johnny's mom to be able to see how much we've grown and feel Baby Johnny kick. I also think Baby and I grew while we were gone.
One night the Caposseles came up too and we had a fire with JC's delicious S'mores. Joey loved it! It was fun to have them there. 

 I will always be grateful to the Shebl parents for the time that we had with them, pre-Baby. I couldn't have asked for a better gift with only a few months left!

No comments: