This has gone from my spot to share all my questions, fears and experiences to a necessary outlet for the good, bad and the ugly that goes along with having two boys. I wouldn't change it for the world!






Friday, September 10, 2010

Shower For Gundie

My pals that I made in the wedding industry threw us an awesome baby shower last month. The shower theme was Baby Bundy by Gundie. If you want to know about Gundie, you have to ask. ;0)

It was such a fabulous time, from the food to the games and the fantastic gifts. Aimee's house was the perfect setting for the shower and her delicious drinks, including the Nojito were delicious. The decorations were awesome!

Carissa of Sugar and Spice Specialty Desserts (who also made the desserts for our wedding) made ALL the food and desserts!!! I loved everything and thought the mini mason jar salads you shake up were so fun. Carissa almost didn't make them because she was worried about suggesting "shaking" at a baby shower. Too funny!! All the food was outstanding and of course the desserts, divine. I can almost smell chocolate caramel tartlets now. Mmm....

Shannon of Flourish created these amazing masterpieces for the shower. The spiky ball looking things are where castor oil come from. She also made me a beautiful, unique wrist corsage for me twisting the metal even. So talented!!

While Lora of A Day to Remember is a coordinator by trade, I don't think she's had to work on too many baby showers. She was in charge of games and they were a blast and I had never played them before! One game included everyone blindfolding themselves and drawing the items Lora described from our house to our baby and our dog. The winning image was framed and will be hung in Baby Johnny's room. What a thoughtful idea!  The playdough babies were fun too.

Jen of The Memory Journalists was there to capture all the fun and festivities too, which is so nice. It's great to have awesome pics of big events in your life. 

I can't thank everyone enough for the fantastic gifts and fun day!!! I had such a great time and Baby Johnny will love all the great outfits, toys, books and blankets that he got.