This has gone from my spot to share all my questions, fears and experiences to a necessary outlet for the good, bad and the ugly that goes along with having two boys. I wouldn't change it for the world!






Thursday, September 2, 2010

Swelling Belly to Swelling Body

I don't have much to complain about my pregnancy because I have had it pretty easy, but I do want to be as honest as I can about the symptoms that I've experienced. My recently pregnant friend asks me to tell her all of it, the good and the "bad". She may eat her words, especially after last week when she had to hear about how they check to make sure you have "room" for baby. ;0o

Earlier in my pregnancy my biggest complaints were not being able to sleep on my back any longer and missing sushi. As I move into the last two months of my pregnancy there are a few things that you would expect:

1. trying to roll myself out of bed or off the couch, instead of jumping up
2. using my hand feet to pick my socks up off the floor instead of bending over
3. waddling to the bathroom several times at night to pee
4. my family birth right(s) finally "developing"
5. my sizes fluctuating quickly
6. CRAVINGS

And there were a few things that I was surprised by:
1. needing to wear a pantyliner through my pregnancy (if you have to ask, don't)
2. actually didn't know I was not going to be allowed to sleep on my back (like a cruel test or joke, I may have cried when I first read it)
3. that kicks from my loving spawn growing inside me can be painful

Including my recent symptoms (which prompted this post):
4. getting as HOT as a hibernating bear
5. my ankles and feet turning into hobbit stubs at the end of the day 
6. cramping/pain when walking for too long (although I think it has a lot to do with his head being down)

I remember reading a book when I was first pregnant telling all the horrible things that people don't tell you about being pregnant. It made me kind of nervous and thinking I would never be the same. I feel like there may have been some unnecessary scariness. It's not like everything happens all at once, or that you shouldn't expect significant changes when you are: providing and creating another human life inside your body.

No matter what symptoms you have (with a few exceptions), I don't think I've met any mothers that would say they would take it all back if they could. This is such an amazing experience and I know it will all be worth it. Although, ask me again after I've given birth...I may feel differently. Ha! ;oP

No comments: