This has gone from my spot to share all my questions, fears and experiences to a necessary outlet for the good, bad and the ugly that goes along with having two boys. I wouldn't change it for the world!






Monday, August 19, 2013

Tahoe Vacation_Day 1

So...I'm trying to follow my pal's lead, Deverewhitefamily.wordpress.com, and be better about blogging in general, but she also just blogged each day on her Truckee vacation and I LOVED IT!!! Do it while it's fresh (and the memories aren't clouded by wine).

We are in Tahoe for a week at a beautiful condo that the Shebls set up. Our second year at this location and we LOVE it!! We got up here around dinnertime last night. Here's our view from the living room bay window.  You can't really see the lake in this pic, but it's the sunny spot just past the trees. When I'm not so lethargic from cinnamon rolls and fresh mountain air, I'll stumble down and take a 'real' picture.

Johnny is having a blast and is entertaining everyone, of course!! Hudson clearly has adapted well to the vacation life. Our first day was filled with games, wine, laughter, oh...and don't forget the BEARS!! That's right. In the middle of the night J heard something and thought it was someone trying to steal our bikes. HA!! Nope. He woke up Baby J and I to see a mama and baby bear riffling through the dumpsters nearby. We watched them from the window for a minute and then left them to their work. What excitement could be in store for Day 2?! 


 On a side note, here's the sweet and the sour that preceded the trip. The morning that I was making these delicious cinnamon rolls for the trip, Hudson took a header into the corner of a wall at home and split his eye open. Thumbs down. Just wanted to warn you now, so when his eye changes colors in the Vaca blog update, you're not alarmed. Back to....oh, wait. I don't have anything specific to do. Back to snacking I guess!! xoxo



No comments: